Are you a multi-skilled Data Specialist? Do you want to merge data engineering and data science and be a part of a rapidly growing internal start-up based in Elst (Gld)?
What are you going to do?
As a Data Engineer you will support the development of data driven solutions and features for VBR’S IOT (Internet of Things) system DECIDE. But what is DECIDE?
DECIDE is a remote decision support service for effective management of Gas Turbine Operability and reliability. It provides gas turbine owners and service providers a management dashboard to get insight to the technical availability and reliability, upcoming technical malfunctions and analysis of operational efficiency of their gas turbines. Together with a specialised team you will continuously work on the development and maintenance of the DECIDE system. Your daily tasks consist of:
- Collect, process, clean and analyse the data from various sources to create predictions/insights;
- Integrate into a data infrastructure, then building and maintaining pipelines;
- Find relations and gain insights on anomalies/deviations;
- Develop, test and implement models for data analysis and predictions;
- Ensure that all tasks, improvements and fixes are documented;
Who are you?
In this function you can think critically, solve problems and be innovative. A team player who takes ownership and is enthusiastic to further improve DECIDE system. In addition, strong communication and presentation skills and being attentive to customers concerns are also essential in the work of a Data Engineer. You also have:
- BSc / BA in a technical field, with minor/specialization in data science, computer science, software engineering or a similar field;
- Knowledge of programming languages/databases (e.g., Python, Anaconda, SQL);
- Knowledge of data pipelines and ETL tools (Apache Spark, Pentaho or equivalent);
- Good knowledge of Machine Learning models and how they rely on data feeds for implementation;
- Broad knowledge of digital product development principles and the importance of rapid validated learning cycles to optimise performance;
- Broad knowledge of collection methods and data visualization tools (Qlik Sense, Sisense);
What do we offer?
VBR offers a working environment where your opinion counts, you are given freedom in your work and attention is paid to your professional development. At VBR you are part of a professional organisation with an informal atmosphere and you will be working in a close and ambitious team. Besides offering a great working environment, we offer a good salary and attractive benefits.